Thursday, March 31, 2011

Magic Box!



This week, we found a poem called The Magic Box written by Islay Aitchison.

We decided we would borrow her ideas in her poem and write our own poems about a magic box.

Here are some of the things we would put in our magic box. Come and visit our classroom to read the rest!



I will put in my box,

The first kicker at the Snow Park that gleams on the snow. (Luca)


I will put in my box,

Cobwebs that sag from the morning dew,

The taste of cherries that vanish in my mouth. (Abby)


I will put in my box,

The taste of banana cake with lemon icing,

Skiing with ski poles for once. (Casey)


I will put in my box,

The anchors that fall to the sea floor. (Joe)


I will put in my box,

Fire works cracking and exploding. (Eliza)


I will put in my box,

The bendy trees perfect for climbing. (Emily)


I will put in my box,

The toffee apples that sit in a row at the A and P Show. (Nevada)


I will put in my box,

The spells from a magician’s wand. (Red)

No comments:

Post a Comment